Monday, April 21, 2008

Best Fries in K-W?



Confession: I have a terrible weakness for chip wagons. The smell of warm grease and starchy fries can be positively bewitching.
Since coming to Kitchener, I've been pretty restrained, but finally we've made the 4 minute trek from our house to the locally-reknowned Manitou Take-out.
Monday(as in, today) is burger special day, so Argie and I both got a burger, fries, and a pop for $5.95. As nice as something that simple could be, we both decided to fancy up our take out fare. Argie opted for fried onions, cheese and chili on his burger (an additional dollar), and while I had a plain burger (tomato, grain mustard and ketchup), I added chili to my fries- yum!
The food was suprisingly not super oily, the burger was juicy, and the chili was delicious, just a hint of heat, lots of beans. Manitou Takeout also has an interesting selection of beverages, including Birch Beer, which tastes like a combination of cream soda and old fashioned root beer, suprisingly tasty!


There is a different special every day of the week, so I'm sure this will become a semi-regular quick meal place for us. Check them out!

Manitou Takeout 45 Manitou Drive, Kitchener
(519) 895-1730

No comments: